Auto Maintenance – Why It Is So Important!
An automobile that is well-maintained will be safer to drive than a neglected one. Keeping your car is good running condition could help you to avoid accidents, thus keeping you from having to file claims on your insurance policy. And remember, the better your driving record, the less you can expect to pay for your car insurance, thanks to lower rates and potential safe-driving discounts. Listed below are 5 easy ways to keep your car in safe running condition.
- Check your tires! According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 78,000 crashes a year are caused by damaged tires. You should check your tire pressure and rotate your tires on a regular basis. One good rule is to rotate your tires at every oil change.
- Check your lights! Have a friend help you with verifying your lights are all working. Verify your headlights, brake lights, and signals are all working properly. You can even stop by a local auto supply store to assist if necessary.
- Check your air filter! At least once a quarter, check your air filter to see if it needs to be replaced. You can ask your local oil change vendor to take a quick look at the air filter when they are changing your oil.
- Replace your wiper blades! You never want to be caught in a rain storm with bad wiper blades. Check these on a regular basis and try to replace at least once a year.
- Of Course, Change the oil and fluids! Check your oil level at least once a month and change every 3,000 miles. This is also a good time to check your transmission and brake fluid levels.
Maintaining your vehicle will help to keep your car in good running condition and extend the life of the vehicle. Madison and Mayodan have wonderful car specialists able to assist you and your family with vehicle care.